How to change from an Android to the iPhoneApple has a true legion of followers, especially when it comes to their most famous gadget – the iPhone. Every time a new version of the product comes out, consumers all over the world line up for hours in front of the local Apple store, just so they can get their hands on the newest version of the phone – even though you can easily buy used and new iPhones also online. Many of those who upgrade their Apple devices use online e-commerce platforms like Ads.com.mm to advertise and sell their used iPhones – a great opportunity for someone who has never tried Apple before, but is still thinking about going from an Android to an iPhone. And if that is your case, finding a great offer is just the first step. Changing between different phones from the same brand is usually easy and quick, but transferring data from one operating system to another is a much more complicated operation. Which is why we created a guide on how to change from an Android to the iPhone – by understanding how to transfer your data from Google’s operating system to the Apple’s iOs, you can decide if switching brands is really a good idea for you.
How to change from an Android to the iPhone:
Transferring your contactsThe simplest way to transfer your contacts from an Android phone to an iPhone is by using Gmail.
- Create a Gmail account (or log in to an existing one) using your Android phone
- Go to the phone’s settings and select “Sync accounts” – or a similar function – in order to transfers the phone numbers from your contact list to your email
- On your new iPhone, go to settings, select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”, go to “add account”, and synchronize your new phone with your Gmail account.
Transferring your photosBefore you start transferring photos from an Android phone to an iPhone, make sure that you have enough storage space on your new device. Also check if any photos you already have on your new iPhone are backed up – this process will erase the existing files from the phone.
- Backup the files on your Android phone to a computer by using a USB cable
- Download iTunes and sync your iPhone
- Select “Photos” and then tick the box that says “Sync photos from box” or similar
- Choose which photos or even folders you would like to transfer